Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Turning 40

What a great day it's been & what a great year it's been. Since I turned 40 today, a lot of people have been asking me how it feels. Well, at this particular time in my life, I feel so blessed! How great to turn 40 and feel like you're in such a good place. And if you've read this blog at all, you will know that I don't sugar coat things, so it's saying something that I only have happy things to say at the moment. ;)


I've conquered depression & anxiety. This is the first holiday season in so long that I haven't been in counseling and feeling over-stressed and down. Thank you progesterone and thank you Mood Cure and other natural supplements!

I've overcome some health challenges. This is the first holiday season in several years that I haven't been sick with a sinus infection and multiple rounds of anti-biotics. I have overcome adrenal fatigue and I'm happily taking loads of thyroid medicine and feeling almost completely back to normal again.

I have such a great family and wonderful friends, 14 of whom went out to Mike's American Grill and celebrated with me tonight. Friendships are blossoming for me more than they have in a while. Thank you friends & family! You support me so much!

Lastly, my clothes are LOOSE! I get to celebrate today 30 pounds lighter than I have been in a while. So I'm not necessarily feeling any wiser, but definitely feeling so grateful and thankful right now.

It's great to be 40. :)

7 comments:

Linsey said...

Happy Birthday! Congratulations on feeling great and healthy!

Anna said...

I like this blog! I am so glad to hear how happy you are--it makes me happy. =) I love you Natalie! Its good to hear you are doing so well.

The monkey bunch said...

Wow, that is so awesome! I am turning 40 here in just a couple weeks and I feel a lot worse for the wear. I am so glad there is hope!!

LazyLimaBean said...

Happy Belated Birthday and Hip-Hip-Hurrah! Thirty pound is a fabulous gift to yourself! Brava!!!

Anonymous said...

thanks!

condo philippines said...

I just take a peek and I discovered your post. I find it interesting and incredible. Thank you for sharing.


Charles A

Jenny Hatch said...

Natalie, your post is filled with hope. I smiled to my toes thinking of all the good things you have made happen in your life. I think you are wonderful.