Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Return of the Craft Obsession


Last week I didn't know how to crochet. This week I made these! We had an Activity Day Girls activity where we were teaching the girls how to crochet squares to give to charity (the organization accepts crocheted squares & makes blankets out of them for the needy.) Then as I was randomly flipping through peoples' family photos on facebook, I realized a lot of little girls were wearing crocheted flowers in their hair & THEN I realized I needed to have a new craft obsession. Voilá!

5 comments:

The monkey bunch said...

You need a new craft obsession every couple of months- it makes life interesting! Good job on the flowers!

Dana Broderick said...

ok those are SUPER cute! I'm going to have to look those up. You have a website for them? I can crochet and I'd love to make those for my girls!

Natalie C. said...

Dana, I tried out a bunch of different ways on youtube. Just type in like "crochet flower."

Michele said...

Nice work. They are the hot ticket here in the valley. Even Caroline has two--that she won't leave in.

Dana Broderick said...

Thanks Natalie! I'm going to try these with my girls. My oldest loves to crochet! Thanks for sharing!!