Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Monday, September 13, 2010

Reason #101 to love NYC



We had an awesome 10th anniversary celebration without kids for a few days in New York City last week before school started, and we ate breakfast at a famous bagel restaurant called Ess-a-bagel. I'm now making myself hungry posting the pictures. It was so good!

We had the funniest Jewish old man helping us. I feel compelled to share. The conversation went something like this (picture a thick Jewish/New York accent... obviously!):

Jewish Old Man: (seeing Natalie) You brought me an angel! (seeing Chris) Oh, I see you brought your father with you!

Chris & Natalie: (laughing)

Jewish Old Man: Where are you from?

Chris: DC

Jewish Old Man: NO YA NOT!

Chris: Originally from Utah.

Jewish Old Man: I KNEW it. Where are all ya wives?

Chris & Natalie: (laughing)

Jewish Old Man: do you want ya bagels toasted? (pause) HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris & Natalie: Ahem, yes, toasted! Sorry!

Jewish Old Man: What we do here is go as slow as we can so a line forms. That way people figure it's a great place to eat! Uh oh. The line is getting shorter. I better go slower.

Chris: Do you have raspberry cream cheese?

Jewish Old Man: Not unless you wanna wait 10 months for raspberry season. (To Natalie) If he gives you a hard time, you come see me.

Jewish Old Man: Where do women with big bosoms work? Hooters. Where do one-legged women work? IHOP. I'm workin' hard here for my tip. You owe me one dollar.

4 comments:

The monkey bunch said...

cute! thanks for the conversation. It made me laugh out loud.

Erin said...

LOVE IT!!! great capturing of the accents, too. :-)

AW said...

love NYC! how fun you got to get away for your anniversary!

April Cobb said...

Classic!