Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Put it to a Vote

Which hair style do you like best on our little 6 year old Eli?

Choice A) How he's had it for a long time. This style came about because Eli's hair is the same texture as the straw at the end of the broom that you sweep with. Longer hair just always looked so unkempt on him.


Choice B) This style came about because Eli said all his friends have BANGS. Couldn't he please have longer bangs, and just keep the sides short? So we let the top grow out a bit, but it's high maintenance. No more of this rolling out of bed & straight to school. This style was my attempt to spike the bangs in the front. His hair is really thick & the gel was just not holding it up as much as I'd like, but you get the idea...

Choice C) The ever-popular faux-hawk. The past few weeks we've had to really build Eli's courage to wear this style to school. I tried to point out all the little boys with this style at church, but he doesn't completely believe me. I know he feels self-conscious. But it's cute, though, right?

Choice D) Because "longer bangs" are higher maintenance, we have been trying to teach Eli how to comb his hair by himself. He can't do the faux hawk or the spiky bangs. This is what he comes up with:


Choice E) This is not a great photo, but Chris knows how to comb Eli's hair really well. I think Chris' hair is similar texture, and he can comb it really well, like a little handsome dude. The bangs are spiked here, but just picture something a long the lines of a side part and clean cut cuteness. :)



Take the survey on the left sidebar (you guys who subscribe in a reader will actually need to come to the blog website) & let your vote count! :)

7 comments:

Teresa said...

Jakob has the same "straw" hair. I like to spike the bangs just in the front. We use a gel called "got to be glue". It holds up all day. Pretty much all of us got the "straw" hair.

Sarah said...

I think he's pretty dang cute in all the pics. My Linc has the same hair, but perhaps even more coarse. It looks like Eli has a great cowlick in front to help his have some personality!

Cunningham Blog said...

oh my! he's so cute with any hair style! What a good looking kid! Tell him in 15 years that I have three daughters!

Natalie C. said...

:) Thank you, I know he is such a cutie. :)

Leslie said...

What style does Eli like the best? I mean, he's the one who has to walk around with this hair on his head. I'm a big believer in letting kids make their own choices in hair and clothing. I think it promotes feelings of self worth.

April Cobb said...

He is so cute. You can't go wrong. But I have always been a buzz fan. What beautiful kids you have, Natalie. It isn't suprising.

. . . Dallas Meow . . . . said...

i like the first haircut... short