Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Monday, September 22, 2008

What I've been doing the past 2 weeks


With Eli only having been at Kindergarten a week and sending Mia off to preschool 4 days a week, my thoughts were pretty similar to these at the Big Mama blog.  I thought about plagerizing them, but instead I'll just quote them, that way, you can go check out her blog later & enjoy some frequent chuckles, like I have.  The difference between Big Mama and I was that she was sending her only child to Kindergarten and babysitting twins for a morning.  I was sending Eli to Kindergarten & Mia to preschool, and babysitting for a couple of weeks.  But having the kids away would have still left me with an empty house for a few hours to feel sorry for myself if it weren't for a little chunky baby coming to visit me.  So,  yeah, this was pretty much my same experience!  [I added everything in brackets, of course.]

[The first day of school,] I hugged and kissed [Eli] goodbye, then walked out of the school and back to the car. [I] prayed for [him] and that’s when the tears began to fall. I knew I was on the verge of a full on ugly cry.

But look!

I went to the baby store and bought a new baby!

Oh I kid.

[My friend's daycare fell through for a couple weeks, and she] called me to ask if I could watch [her little daughter.]  I had to think about it for a moment because if I kept the [baby] that would interfere with my original plan of sitting on my bed with a bowl of M&M’s, crying and watching old videos of [Eli and Mia].

I think I made the right choice.

Although I will say it is dangerous hormonal territory to drop your child off at Kindergarten and then go spend [several] hours with [a] precious, squishy baby.

It was finally time to pick [Eli] up and after navigating the seventh circle of carpool hell [which made us switch permanently from Kiss 'n' Ride to the bus!], I finally saw my [boy]. [His] smile couldn’t have been bigger. As we drove away, I asked, “How was your day?”

“IT WAS GREAT! I’M GOING AGAIN TOMORROW!”

So I think [he] liked it.

2 comments:

Kenny and Linsey said...

What a great way to "waste" some time. But, make sure you schedule some M&M bonding time in the near future, that's a good time waster too.

Patti said...

Oh, so that's why you haven't been blogging as much lately. Cutie pie of a girl. I like m&ms. I even have my favorite songs I sometimes play when I make my bed and have a good cry. Kind of a ritual. Just gets the tears over with and I'm good to go for the day (hopefully). It hurt worse last year when Allison started pre-school. This year, I'm doing better probably for a lot of reasons. That's a whole nother e-mail!