Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Not a Waste of Time

Why Blog?

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of these meaningful and significant things. Some of them may be funny. Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience."

"To you women of today, who are old or young, may I suggest to you that you write, that you keep journals . . . Writing is a great discipline. It is a tremendous education effort. It will assist you in various ways, and you will bless the lives of many--now and in the years to come, as you put on paper some of your experiences and some of your musings."

~President Gordon B. Hinckley~

My friend, Sarah had this quote on her blog and I LOVED it!! :) Now if I could just justify reading so many! :)

7 comments:

Ryann said...

I love that quote. I have never seen it before but it is exactly why I began a blog. Now, I'm addicted! And it is a great record of our lives!

Kenny and Linsey said...

this is beautiful and makes me justified about blogging and a little guilty about being so behind...

Natalie C. said...

Yes, I agree that if you're not careful, that quote can engender some guilt. But blogging should definitely be guilt-free. Just do it for the enjoyment of it.

LazyLimaBean said...

re: justify reading so many

Popping in and out just to see what is going on and what other people think.

Love the "scale says what?" blog...and appreciated the links there.

Cheers!

Sarah said...

Love to see that I'm 'linked'. =) I found the quote on the blog of another, and when I tried to find the source on the church website, I came up blank. So hopefully it's legit (I'm sure it is).

I liked your comments about the first day of school. My youngest is a June baby, so we'll have to face the 'do we start him or wait' issue in about 4 years. I'm sure you made the right choice. You're his smart, smart mom afterall.

Lisa T. said...

Yes. That is why I love blogging so much. I've struggled through many forms of journaling in my life with very little success. I've finally found the form that works for me! Three cheers for blogging!

April Cobb said...

This is my mantra. Wonderful.