Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dear Careless Traveler,

Do you think the next time you visit McDonalds at the Dallas Fort Worth Airport, you could walk the 10 paces to the trash can to throw away your half-full cup of orange soda so that my 3-year-old would not START SUCKING ON IT????????????????????? Not only did she get to drink that disgusting, unhealthy HFCS poison, but she now has all of your lovely germs.

Same with the person who left the Starbucks coffee cup a few seats away. Mia would have tasted that, too, if I hadn't stopped her!!!!!

This was on the way HOME! On the way TO Utah, Mia not only picked up candy wherever she saw it laying on the ground, but the worst was at the curbside check-in. I was standing near the counter with Mia at my side playing around, when I noticed her spitting something out of her mouth. To my HORROR ("horror" doesn't seem to be a strong enough word!!!), she had found a piece of ABC gum stuck to the pavement, and she stuck it in her mouth and starting chewing it!!!! I screamed! I'm sure they were ready to call security. But I was ready to call Poison Control. Nearly hyperventilating. "Never!!!!!! (pant, pant) Ever!!!!!!!! (pant, pant) eat gum off the ground again, Mia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (pant, pant, gasp!!!!!!!!)" (Notice how unfortunate it was that I neglected to specify that I also meant candy, fruit snacks, goldfish, softdrinks or any other beverage, edible or inedible item!)

7 comments:

The monkey bunch said...

Ok, Serious LOL stuff! I am sure you gave a few bored employees a little bit of fun for the day! But yeah, that's pretty disgusting!

Rob and Jewls said...

I am laughing aloud as I read this to Rob! My sister did that as a child, too! I hope your trip was wonderful! Talk to you soon!

Ryann said...

That was super funny! Hopefully she will grow out of it to ease your nerves!

Angie said...

GROSS!!!

Michele said...

That's funny only because I feel your pain. My issue is when Matthew licks public counters at his face level. This is gross but I know grown ups lean against it and their pants could have tinkle on them. You are aware of my germ phobia so I COMPLETELY feel your pain. Sometimes it's all I can do to get through a trip to the mall or other public venue. In fact, sometimes (ok, lots of times) I don't go places because I know the kids will get dirty. Do you think I need counseling? The counselor's chair is probably dirty though.

April Cobb said...

CLASSIC!! I just let my kids do that stuff. I gave up 2 kids ago. Just kidding... I don't let them have stuff from strangers and especially not stepped on gum or coffee. Funny though.

Patti said...

I can't stand that either!!!! Even today, I had to pick up a little kid from pre-school and I fed him lunch before his mom came back. I didn't want Allison to get too close and get any of his germs with food contact, etc., etc. It's not just me, apparently!