Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Monday, July 21, 2008

Go Bollywood!





I really love that SYTYCD is broadening their list of genres. I thought these 2 Bollywood dances were just so much fun.

Now that you're all in the mood, here are my favorite Bollywood movies you can go and rent. Be forewarned- the thing that's so fun about Indian movies is that there is always singing & dancing. Just like there used to be in American movies in the 50s and 60s, but in India, they still do it today like crazy. It's awesome, I think!

My 2 Favorite Bollywood Movies
Mr. and Mrs. Iyer*
Lagaan

Other Movies About India We Liked
Gandhi
A Passage to India

Hey, pass on any other Bollywood movies you've seen & loved! I'd love some more suggestions.

Oh one more thing. This is the most recent book I read on India. I really enjoyed it. It's Nectar in a Sieve by Kamala Markandaya.



*Of course I had to talk about the singing & dancing, then list one without singing & dancing. But the ones I listed were the ones we gave 4 stars to on Netflix. I just added a few to my Netflix queue that I got from this website.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Natalie, I have only seen Bride and Prejudice but I loved it. You know, it has Sayid from Lost in it as "Bingley!"

I have read recently read all 3 of Jhumpra Lahiri's books (2 short story collections "Unaccustomed Earth" and "Interpreter of Maladies" and one novel, "The Namesake") and loved them all. I am glad someone else I know is into India right now because I am obsessed!

Ryann said...

Thank you for sharing your SYTYCD favorites! I so miss that show!

higbeem said...

I love Bollywood! Here's a couple I've seen: 1. Dhadkan 2. Yaadein :)Monica