Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Coping

I have recently made the pleasant discovery that reading library books (especially good ones from reading lists & recommendations) is a relaxing escape and coping strategy for me. Recently, I was feeling stressed, and I was sort of feeling like, "Must read books to kids right now!!!" It's actually a PRODUCTIVE coping strategy for once (contrasting with other coping methods I sometimes use like wasting time on the computer or eating too many Utz Pretzels, for example...!)

Here are some books we have enjoyed lately.*

The Perfect Nest by Catherine Friend. Every once in a while random books inspire days and days of pretending based on the storyline. The kids really enjoyed this book.



Don't Say That Word by Alan Katz. What a funny book! The illustrations are hilarious. It makes me want to get a few more from that author.



006 and a Half by Kes Gray and Nick Sharratt. Best enjoyed with your best spy drama story reading voice.



The Toughest Cowboy: Or How The Wild West Was Tamed by John Frank and Zachary Pullen. Again-- LOVE the illustrations. Maybe that's why I enjoy reading the library books so much. But the story line is just so cute.



And the last pick is a tie between Cowlick by Christin Ditchfield and Bad Dog, Marley! by John Grogan. Cowlick, because I thought it was so cute, and Bad Dog, Marley! because Eli loved it. I think he's at that age where they're fascinated by dogs & pets. I think this story cured him of wanting a dog at home, though. :)





*If you subscribe to this blog & are reading this on a reader, unless I am mistaken, you will not be able to see the links. Come on over to the actual website to see the links.

4 comments:

The monkey bunch said...

Thanks for sharing. These look way fun!

Michele said...

Good to know. We're always looking for some new library titles (that aren't germ infested, as you know).

Amy Lynn said...

Great suggestions! We are always looking for fun, new books to read! My boys come and get in bed with me in the morning and we've started reading out loud. I love it. I'm not too tired, we're all relaxed, and by the time we get out of bed, I feel ready for a day with my kids!

Amy Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.