Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Will your trip include any luggage at this time, Ma'am?

I will be flying the non-friendly skies tomorrow morning if all goes well (i.e. they don't cancel my flight & pretend it's a mechanical problem, or we don't have thunderstorms & tornadoes) at the bright and early time of 6:00 a.m.

I was laughing so hard when I saw a humorous video clip on David Letterman about the lovely airline I will be flying on. I looked & looked for a video clip, but apparently no one else needed it & had the forethought to upload it to make a point in their blog, but this was on the CBS website for that day's show recap:

American Airlines has announced a number of new fees, including a $15 surcharge to check a bag. Many consumers are upset about the added charges, prompting the airline to release this response.

Announcer:
“Due to rising operating costs, American Airlines will begin charging passengers a $15 fee for the first bag they check, and increasing fees for additional bags. We are also raising surcharges for such conveniences as pet transportation, reservation services and checking oversized luggage. We understand that these added costs might deter people from traveling with us, but you’re in luck, because now non-passengers can choose not to fly with us at all for only a $35 non-flying fee.

American Airlines: Screw you, America!
And in addition, I just got an email saying that if I need to check a bag, it will be self-service. (i.e. long lines of people trying to get the kiosk to cooperate with them while they stick their visa in the machine just so they can wear clean clothes & underwear wherever they are going.)

At least the ticket was cheap enough to hopefully make all this worth it to be there for my sister's wedding reception.

Happy Trails! I'll be back to blogging next week!

2 comments:

The monkey bunch said...

Good luck with those unfriendly skies!

April Cobb said...

Hillarious. I am so glad you made it! And I am glad you got to bring clean undies too!