Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Thank you, Earth!

One of my favorite moments this spring was discovering that Mother Nature decided to let my lilac tree actually flower this year. I planted a sapling about 4 1/2 years ago & there were never any blossoms!! And this year, BAM! The bush is going crazy. As healthy as ever. I went out at least once a day just to smell them. And eventually, Chris cut me a bunch to put on my desk. I just adore them.

6 comments:

melbo said...

Ooo, I love Lilacs! I grew up with a bush outside my window because my mom said they starting blooming the day I was born. I miss that smell. I should come over and sit on your porch sometime :)

Jill said...

I love lilacs too. Too bad they don't last very long once you cut some off to bring inside.

Shelly said...

Lilacs are my favorite. We planted a bush last year and it has not bloomed at all! It makes me so sad. Hopefully it will next year. Your story gives me hope!

Ben & Brynn said...

I LOVE lilacs. We had a neighbor that had a lilac tree and every spring we would steal lilacs off the tree on our way home from elementary school and take them to our mothers. Yay for you that they are just in your backyard.

Michele said...

Love your pics. I miss the smell of lilacs. Enjoy them for me too. Right now, we're still "enjoying" snow. Not sure which season we're really in. I miss spring in DC.

April Cobb said...

Oh joy. Our front porch is surrounded completely by lilacs. I haven't lived in this home when they have bloomed. With all of the snow and misery around here, I finally saw today that they are getting some leaves. I am going to be in lilac heaven soon. Just like you!! yippee for us!!