Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Yesterday it took me an hour and a half to get home from preschool!!! It usually takes about 15 minutes. They closed the whole freeway off because of this overturned garbage truck. After doing some deep breathing, I was able to find some gratitude in the situation. Here are my

5 Happy Things (actually I came up with 8) while idling in a car for 90 minutes:

  1. That we were safe and not in the wreck!! It's nothing short of a miracle to have not been in a major accident with all the driving I do, and living in this congested traffic area for 11 1/2 years.
  2. That no one (including the potty trainee in the car) had to use the bathroom during that time!
  3. That we had a full tank of gas to get us through a trip that took 5 times longer than usual.
  4. We didn't have any appointments that were waiting for us that we would definitely have to have canceled. Worst case scenario to think about- a missed appointment at the pediatrician where they charge $50 to no-shows, no matter what your excuse is! I was so grateful we had a free afternoon, I felt like the luckiest person. :)
  5. An ipod, a transpod and lots of downloaded podcasts.
  6. That I ate lunch before I picked up the kids & that they ate lunch at school!
  7. Eli was sleeping, thus eliminating the kids' ability to fight in the car & drive me crazy.
  8. And of course, it gave me a good story to tell on my blog! I sure hope no one was hurt.

4 comments:

tlc said...

I love all of the things you found to be grateful for. Way to go!!

Michele said...

What a trashy wreck. I am glad you weren't in it. The gratitude list is right on--especially the part about the potty trainee.

. . . Dallas Meow . . . . >^^< . . . said...

ah yes, I learned early on to carry water, snacks and extra clothes wherever we went - WHEREVER we went.
Expect the unexpected!
Glad you all were ok.
Came by to tag you for a meme if you're interested.
Come by!
http://listentomeandlistengood.blogspot.com/2008/03/forgetful-ones-8.html

April Cobb said...

Often, People ask me if Miss DC. I usually tell them that I love DC, but This is what I don't miss... Terrible customer service, mosquitoes, humidity, and TRAFFIC!! This wreck causing delays thing happens all too often there. I am glad you weren't in the middle of it. And I am glad no one had to pee! Amen. Praise the Lord.