Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Monday, March 3, 2008

Stream of Consciousness During A Spin Class

Why do I have to come to these classes alone? Where are my friends? Where is my husband?

Why can't I be out walking or running in this beautiful weather? Darn feet & knee! I hate this. I'm dying. Get me out of here! Oh. The class hasn't even started.

Natalie, fix your attitude.

Warm up. Spin the legs. Pull up. Push down. Spin, spin, spin.

Didn't make sense not to live for fun, Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb.

Intervals.

Hey now, you're a rock star. Get the show on. Get paid.

Make a mean face and slam those legs as hard as you can!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRR... Grrrrrrrrr!!!!

That felt good. I need to always do this at least once every spin class. Take out those frustrations!

Can't touch this. Give me a song or rhythm. Making no sweat that's what I'm giving 'em..... Either work hard or you might as well quit.

Wow. When you're standing up in the pedals, & listening to the music, it could almost be like you're dancing a little bit.

I've been runnin' down this dusty road. Wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'. I don't know where I'll be tomorrow.

My quads are burning. But it feels good. This is so good for my heart and lungs, too.

I closed my eyes and I slipped away. Its more than a feeling, when I hear that old song they used to play (more than a feeling)...


Singing out loud, enjoying pedaling as fast as I can. Digging down deep.

Mama say mama sa mama cu sa. Mama say mama sa mama cu sa.

Dang, this is a long song. I can do this. I am awesome!! I may not have speed but I HAVE ENDURANCE!! I can actually keep up with some of these athletic women. You with the "Iron Girl" shirt- I'm not intimidated!! Nope.

Video loop of Lance Armstrong winning various races. Victory arms in the air. His dreams are coming true.

Did she say something about increasing the tension? Oops, enough eye candy.

She's got a smile that it seems to me. Reminds me of childhood memories... Where do we go now? Where do we go? Sweet child o' mine.

This is for the mean boys in 6th grade. This is for not receiving the flat stomach gene. This is for the frustration that I'm not a perfect mom. This is for the the hidden hurts in my heart no one knows about but me. Take out that frustration! Work that body! As Jillian says, "Beatings, beatings, beatings." I'm working so hard, the phlem in my lungs loosens up.

Oh, mama, she did it. Woh mama, she did it, yeah. Ooh, she did it. Woh mama, she did it, yeah.

Go!!!!!!!!!! 3........ 2....................

and..........

1.

7 comments:

The monkey bunch said...

I like your stream of consiousness! I am proud of you. I try to work myself past where I think I can every workout, too and it feels good. Just to know that you can do it! For me, it also meant getting to eat whatever I wanted that day, but I've decided (which I have done before) to loose these last 10 pounds of baby weight, so I have come up with a new mantra, "respect the body!" I Think of it every time I want something unhealthy to eat. I let you know if it works.
By the way, I thought of 5 great things about you without even taking much time at it:
you are very intelligent
you paint beautifully
you are willing to try new things and when you find something good you share it with everyone.
you are generous and kind
you have a beautiful smile!
There that was easy, now come up with your own! :)

Natalie C. said...

Debby, you are so sweet to me. I won't forget to post some good things about myself soon.

Other readers- check The Monkey Bunch's blog for inspiration to think good things about yourself.

Angie said...

Awesome:) I like this post.

April Cobb said...

It makes me hurt everywhere just to read it. It is motivating yet painful all at once. I have never taken a single spin class in my life. I am afraid of it. They torture people in those classes. That is why they have their own room for the bikes! Ouch. Keep it up, Nat!

Gav, Sarah, & kids said...

Hey Natalie--

I found your blog through April's. Remember me? We ran a turkey trot together oh so many years ago when I was visiting Apes in DC.

Anyway, love love love this post. I just did a spin class this morning--I do it at least twice a week. Nothing compares to the calories you can burn in that time!! Go, girl!!

compulsive writer said...

Great post. I need to take my own broken knees and feet to the gym (by myself of course, too) and put them through some beatings, too.

Amy said...

This was great, Natalie! Thanks for visiting our blog. I think you said you lost 12 pounds already. That is so great!! I think spinning is the hardest thing in the world so if you can do that, you can do any kind of exercise. Don't give up on it and I won't either.