Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Thursday, December 13, 2007

We Interrupt The Regularly Scheduled Christmas Spirit To Bring You This...

...this special photo of my view, the entire preschool Christmas program. I was trying so hard to not be bitter that I couldn't even see the tippy top of my son's little Santa hat (he was in the front row, not at all visible,) despite the fact that I had dragged Chris away from work and we had arrived ONE HOUR AND FIFTEEN MINUTES early. The problem was mostly this over-excited parent in front of me in the black. At one point she was full-on standing up in front of me. It was like she was purposely trying to block me. Are you kidding me??? And I have to add, that Mrs. Black Shirt DIDN'T show up 1 hour early. She showed up about 20 minutes early and just slipped in!!!!!! I told my friend next to me that I was digging deep to keep the Christmas spirit.


You know, the photos & videos are so out of control. It's like we have all convinced ourselves that the more magical and perfect and professional-looking our photos and videos are, the better parents we therefore are. Well, to all reading this- it's not true. It makes no sense. Lay off of all the pressure you put on yourselves to have perfect family movies & scrapbooks. Why would that be worth it to you to ruin someone else's experience at their kids' Christmas program?

Below is the photo we were able to take after the song was over when the parents were allowed in the middle aisle. Eli is front left. (And we have NO good photos of Mia, because during her number, she was crouching down, playing around behind the line of kids.) Funny, funny.

4 comments:

The monkey bunch said...

We had the same problem at Emma's and Sam's programs last year. They stopped the programs several times, right in the middle and told the parents to sit down or they wouldn't continue and there were just some people who wouldn't do it no matter what. It drove me crazy! Especially since I couldn't see my children at all. I got up and moved and then became part of the problem, I am sure. But after a minute, I sat back down again. I don't know why they even have seats, no one used them!

Annie said...

i was sitting to the right of that paparazzi group - i couldn't decide if it was more interesting to watch them or the kids! you should have sat behind me - i didn't even bring my camera! grandpa did so we did get a photo. most of the time photos in those situations are crummy anyways, why don't we just hire a professional and all sit down and enjoy the show?!

Natalie C. said...

The Monkey Bunch- oh how frustrating. Some parents can be so ill behaved!!!

Annie- that's the most brilliant solution I've ever heard! I'm sure some enterprising photographer/videographer would make a fortune!!!!!

Hardys said...

I would have been frustrated and would have mouthed off to the lady. It's just rude to do that and she will probably go home and watch the movie one tme and thats it!