Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Tag, I'm It!

In the past several months, I have been tagged by several of you, blogging friends. I'm sorry if you thought I was ignoring you! I really like reading these whenever you all participate. But I'm not going to name names to pass this on to, for fear of exposing my Alzheimer's tendency (I would probably name names that just did this last week... or whatever...) If you haven't done these tags, let me know in the comments and I would love to unofficially tag you.

So to play catch-up, I'm answering a couple tags/memes at the same time. Here is tagging heaven for you:

6 Habits/Facts from Kathryn and Melissa

  1. I actually just discovered I hate the smell of orange peel residue on peoples' hands. I know there are worse smells, but what can you do? That one makes me nauseous. That type of thing doesn't happen to me a lot. And I like the taste of fresh oranges, just not the peel smell.
  2. I just cut my bangs. I regretted it for the first week, but now I like it. I just kept watching beautiful people on TV & seeing EVERYONE with bangs of some sort. What do you think, should I subject Mia to this fad?
  3. Chris and I were inspired by Oprah (of course) to start writing each other love letters. (Awwwwwwwww...) It's actually really fun. :)
  4. Another realization: I'm pretty sure I grew up thinking "snack" meant "cookie." As kids, we weren't allowed to have any snacks, so if we ate anything, it would just be a cookie or a few chips we stole from the pantry without mom looking! I have started eating healthier, and it makes a big difference if I include healthy snacks between meals. Contrary to what was taught to me all growing up ("Eat 3 Square Meals- no eating between meals."), it actually keeps your metabolism high to eat snacks between meals. I know I'm doing a better job teaching my kids to eat healthy snacks and to stop eating when you're full.
  5. I don't usually enjoy shopping anymore. Almost my whole life, I thought shopping was a hobby of mine. Probably ever since I got married or maybe a little before that, something happened. Now I can enjoy short trips, but long (more than an hour or two) shopping trips don't sound like fun AT ALL to me anymore. Now when I go to a store or a mall, I'm a woman with a purpose. Plow in, find exactly what I want, and get out of there as fast as possible!
  6. Another hobby of mine that has gotten a bit tamer is gardening & taking care of indoor plants. Now that I have to take care of kids, the plants are definitely on the back burner, poor things. Also, I don't have a space with a really great light source inside. I used to have tons of beautiful indoor plants, but I killed most of them off up until a few years ago, I've slowly allowed myself to get a few more. Living here, the first 3 years, I worked really hard in our front & back yard. Now I'm realizing I'm going to have to settle for more evergreens & low maintenance stuff. Chris doesn't share that hobby with me at all, so if I want anything done in the yard, it's mostly just me that has to do it. Maybe when our kids are a bit older I can let myself go crazy with that hobby again.
Stay tuned: the next couple of posts will be more "tags."

2 comments:

The monkey bunch said...

Ok, I have been tagged by a couple of people and have really been ignoring them, so I guess I better be unofficially tagged!

Natalie C. said...

The Monkey Bunch (Debby), Tag! You're it! :)