Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Friday, November 2, 2007

Fun with cows and dogs

My kids loved this book, Moonstruck, by Gennifer Choldenko. They were running around all night after reading it, pretending to be a cow jumping over the moon.

I loved the watercolor painting illustrations in this book, Three Names by Patricia MacLachlan, who also wrote Sarah, Plain and Tall. I have been doing some painting lately, and so I really took some time to admire the art inside this book.



5 Things That Make Me Happy

  1. Dancing. My kids and I dance almost every day. Today we danced to Jenny Jenkins. :)
  2. Talking with friends as my kids play at the playground.
  3. Exercising.
  4. Praying.
  5. Learning & improving.

5 comments:

Kenny, Linsey and Caleb said...

Keep the kids book recommendations coming - I feel like I have memorized every one we own and need some good advice for future purchases.

Jen W said...

Hi Natalie,
Thanks for your hello on my blog, it's nice to know someone is still reading it. I should blog more often. I have been enjoying your blog all along, too. I loved your mom's house! Did you like The 13th Tale? I just read it in the book club I am in and I loved it! I miss fall in Virginia so much. There really aren't seasons here except for summer and EXTREME summer! Happy Blogging!

Natalie C. said...

Did I like the 13th Tale? Yes, I liked it. I wasn't quite prepared for how dark the story would be, though. At the beginning it led me to believe it would be like a nice charming Agatha Christie or something, and then it hits you with a rather dark story. But I thought it was well written & suspenseful.

Tracy said...

I stumbled on to you blog after googling photo collage. What software do you use to make your photo collages?

Dana Broderick said...

cute! we're going to have to check those out!!!

loved your kids halloween costumes! such cuties!