Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Saturday, July 21, 2007

This will be a good read for those of you who are virtually stalking me. I make a few interesting confessions here...

WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Middle name- I think. My mom's middle name was Ann, and my great grandma's middle name was Ann.
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
I cry extremely rarely. But I get tears in my eyes really easily. I think the last time might have been the other night as I listened to Chris read Eli the book, "Love You Forever" and Chris was crying. The time before that was having strep throat. I was so frustrated, I had a lump in my throat the whole time until I felt better.
DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
No. The more school I've had, the worse it's gotten. It's from listening to so many lectures and scribbling and scribbling and scribbling so many notes. I've stopped caring what it looks like. I think that might be what happened to so many doctors with crappy handwriting- too much school. But I love cute computer fonts. That's probably stopped my motivation for practicing good handwriting, too.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Smoked turkey is good.
DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
yep
IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Oh definitely.
DO YOU USE SARCASM ALOT?
Nah!
DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS
Yes, but I think I would rather not. I guess one day they'll get infected enough. (yuck- what a thought.)
WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
No, not interested in that type of thrill seeking, but I would do what Oprah and Gayle did at their Spa Adventure (if you saw that- it was a cross between zip lining and bungee, but it looked a lot safer)
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I get bored with the same type of food very easily. But some of the ones I rotate between are Frosted Mini Wheats, Raisin Bran & Honey Nut Cheerios. For DESSERT (NOT breakfast), I eat Cocoa Puffs, Cocoa Pebbles and Cracklin' Oat bran.
DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
No.
DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
I liked the breakdown that Jen did of physical, emotional, spiritual.
Physical- I am so out of shape right now, that I look at my past golden years before I was married when I could run 7 miles and do dozens of pushups jumping off the ground with my arms and I did "Abs of Steel" every day...and I just daydream and laugh and say, "and I thought I was fat then." And I'm sure some other people did, too. I'm sure as my kids get older, and my knee and ankle hopefully heal completely, the stage of life I'm in will accomodate a better exercise regimen. Although I do the elliptical for about 5+ hours per week, it doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere. Probably just keeping my weight from absolutely exploding. Very hard subject for me right now.
Emotional- Also quite a hard topic. I've been struggling from clinical depression for 2 years. Some of you didn't know that. I've tried 8 different medicines at different times, and they no longer work. Exercise works to some degree (which is why I try to get 5+ hours of cardio/week), but I have started some talk therapy (I didn't have any before, only medicine). So I think I am flexing the emotional muscle so much that it's either going to be steel-strong when I'm through with this, or it will be weak and exhausted from overuse. But in the past I've been able to be strong, so the outlook is optimistic.
Spiritual- you know, depression saps your spiritual strength. I've been stronger in times past. But I'm committed, and that's what matters.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
I don't get the same fulfillment from eating ice cream for dessert as I do a cookie, brownie, or cinnamon roll. So it's not my favorite dessert. I guess that's why I like ice cream with cookie dough in it! Chocolate Amaretto is a great flavor to mix with the cookie dough. :)
WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
I like to try to detect sincerity. I like to see if the person will smile back at me in a really caring way when I smile at them. Sometimes what they are wearing, what they say or how they act tells you something about their priorities, which is interesting to me, too.
RED OR PINK?
Tough question, but I'd have to say red.
WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Like most people, I can tend to be the hardest on those I love the most. It's a terrible habit.
WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST:
I'm assuming this is compliment fishing from family members far away that sent this to me. I'll see some of you in mid-August. Yay!
DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Yes
WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
This is fun since I'm wearing something I wouldn't wear in public. I sent Chris to the mailbox for me because I wouldn't go out in this. Brown shorts, and orange shirt and turquoise crocs. Cute, huh?
WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
A cookie from the Lucky Strike Bowling Alley in Chinatown in DC. We bowled this afternoon there. Very fun. We ordered cookies to eat while we were bowling, but they never came until we were finished bowling, so they apologized and sent them home with us for free. :)
WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Cicadas outside.
IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Not one that Eli or Mia owns, that's for sure. Yesterday Eli melted a green crayon on our stove. Mia peels the paper off, then breaks them into little pieces.
FAVORITE SMELLS?
Banana Nut bread, honey-suckle, a Yankee candle called Harvest, the beach
WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Probably Chris. He and I talk to each other on our cell phones when we are on different floors of the house, like little walkie talkies.
DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Of course. :)
FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
I like to watch most sports with Chris- any BYU or local team sports that make the national networks, I liked the Olympics, too (almost any sport from it).
HAIR COLOR?
Brunette
EYE COLOR?
Brown
DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No
FAVORITE FOOD?
Things that contain fresh fruits, vegetables, seasonings, spices & herbs. I'm SO OVER fast food. I'm much harder to please.
SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings. Watched any good comedies lately? Send them to me. I'm having a hard time finding some that aren't compromised by dirty jokes, swearing, etc.
LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
We just started watching "War and Peace" with Audrey Hepburn based on the Tolstoy book. It's going to take multiple installments, it's like 3 hours long & wasn't that exciting.
WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Orange V-neck T-shirt with pink stitching.
SUMMER OR WINTER?
Mild summers & mild winters would be nice. But if I had to choose between hot or cold (like DC hot & Finland cold) I'd choose cold. The bugs & the stinky sweating of the humid summers are just nasty.
HUGS OR KISSES?
Hugs. Kissing is gross.
FAVORITE DESSERT?
Big doughy cookies.
WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
See the sidebar of my blog.
WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
A Persian rug patterrn.
WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT?
Part of the War & Peace DVD
FAVORITE SOUND?
A body of water, especially the ocean.
ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Beatles, I guess. I don't really love either of them. I'm all about 80s music, mostly.
WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
I don't know if this is the farthest distance, but the farthest in terms of being anything like where I'm used to would probably be Egypt.
DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Artsy aesthetic stuff.
WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
LDS Hospital in SLC. Interesting way to end.

3 comments:

deborah kress said...

are you through with the red tent. I was ready to burn the thing when I finished. It is as close to sacraligious as I have ever read. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone! I know it is a girl power kind of book for some, but I think it really makes you look down on the prophets and especially Joseph. There are still some attitudes from the book I think of everytime I read about Joseph. What did you think?

Natalie C. said...

Deborah, I'm sorry to hear it doesn't get any better at the end!! I agree that it is SO NOT the type of ideas you want to have about scriptural heros! Argh! I have this thing about finishing books that I've started. And this book is so borderline. It's not yet so offensive that I was going to not continue to read it. But maybe I should move on!

compulsive writer said...

That's excellent! (and I can relate about the tonsils--among other things.)