Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Cultivating Something Other Than Streptococcal Bacteria

I just came down with Strep Throat and I feel like I need to focus on cultivating a little gratitude. Or at least focus on a few things that are happy.

  1. Somebody is selling seasons 1 & 2 of SYTYCD on iOffer! I'm actually tempted. But at least there are only less than 24 hours left until Wednesday. Love that show. (Go Hok & Jaimie!)
  2. My little Eli vacuumed the floor today. I told him how proud I was of him, and he said, "I'll vacuum it again tomorrow!"
  3. Anti-biotics.....!!!!! Oh my gosh, I'm so thankful.
  4. Even though my kids are a challenge for me, they are still so young, and in those most precious years that everyone says to treasure. I DO regard them as little treasures. Who knows what the future will hold. Tragedies can sweep them away. Kids grow up & hopefully make good decisions, but if they don't, it's these years that parents wish they had relished & revered. I'm so thankful that right now my 4 & 2 year old are a delight. They are little animated characters. I am thankful for Eli & Mia.
  5. I've been reading a book that talks a little about tragedies in peoples' lives. In some peoples tragedies, it is their kids that bring them sorrow. In others, it was the mistake of who they married that brought them pain the rest of their lives. I feel very secure and outrageously thankful that I made the decision to marry Chris. In fact, it wasn't even a decision. Just a no-brainer. It was Chris that had to be convinced to take a chance on me. But he's been a great father and companion. We have a lot of years ahead of us, and I'm sighing a deep sigh of relief that it will be with someone so constant, thoughtful, loyal, fun, wise, cheerful, and big-hearted.

1 comment:

Dana Broderick said...

Boy, I have to check out SYTYCD show when we get back! It sounds like alot of fun! Of course I'll probably be dissapointed because my expectations are so high! :)

I love reading your blog and what you are thankful for. We could all do more of that in our lives!