Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My Mom Is In The Mediterranean

I've been a bit caught up in ranting or raving about things for the past little while, and it's been a while since I've just posted some normal conversation about what we're up to. I wrote an email to my mom who is vacationing in an island off of Spain at the moment (that crazy, fun, woman who I envy sometimes...!), and I am pasting most of the content below, including 5 Happy Things.

Dear Mom,

I looked on a map and saw where you are. A little tiny island between Spain & Mallorca? I mean that island looks tiny! But that sounds like a really fun place to be. I remember how much I loved visiting Mallorca as a teenager!

Today I went to the gym and lifted weights for 30 minutes, rode the bike for 30 minutes, and then did the elyptical machine for 30 minutes. The housecleaners were at my house, so I showered at the gym, too, and Mia was in the day care the whole time. I think she was ok, though, because the mean lady wasn't there. (The housecleaner is my favorite person in the whole world! I will never fire her! I found a pretty cheap one that is wonderful!!!!!) Eli went to preschool. This is the last week of preschool. Both kids will go tomorrow & Thursday they have a closing program where they get to sing, etc.

Yesterday we went to the pool for the first time this season. It opens at 3pm this week, then the rest of the summer it will open at 12. So we went there at 3 and the kids had a great time walking around the baby pool and floating in their floaties in the big pool. I put them both down for a "nap" at 5:30 pm, and they were so exhausted that they both stayed asleep the whole night & woke up this morning. I was pretty tired, too, so we didn't go today. Maybe we will go tomorrow late after Chris gets home from work as our "FHE," since we didn't get one yesterday, but then again, it would probably be pretty cold in the water during the evening hours, especially, still this early in the season.

We also had some friends over last Sunday night and they played some of our new "Spiele des Jahre" games with us. We played Alhambra (it was fun, you build castles & gardens), and Ticket to Ride (European version- you build trains, tunnels & ferries). The missionaries were over eating dinner that same night (no game playing for them, though). But it's fun to have people over.

This Saturday a family is getting baptized that has 2 kids & lives near us. They came over to dinner a couple weeks ago and had a discussion with the missionaries that went really well. They asked me to give a talk on the Holy Ghost at their baptism on Saturday. Any ideas on how to creatively talk about that? The one son of theirs is 8, so he will be getting baptized as well.

Love & Miss You,

Natalie

No comments: