Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Photos (Shoot!)

Back in February we got our pictures taken by Danelle Empey. She's becoming quite a popular & successful photographer of the Mormon families in the area. She has professional equipment & lights that she takes to your house & you can get beautiful black & whites that way. Or she'll meet you & you can take awesome outdoor pictures (which we plan to do in the fall). Except, of course with our family, our kids were so uncooperative! And I was kind of surprised to see myself in those pictures because all the weight that I gained after I injured my knee must have gone straight to my face. (Sigh!) But here are a few samples of our photo shoot because I promised a friend I would post them. On the first 4 photos, I used a "glow" type filter from our digital imaging software. Do you like it? I'd like to hear your opinion. Yay or nay to the glow?












7 comments:

Shelly Astle said...

Not such a fan of the "glow" effect, but I love the pictures! You've got the cutest kids ever.

Angie said...

So cute!!! I can't get the video of Mia singing to load. I want to see it!

Jen W said...

You and your family are gorgeous. I think the glow is quite loverly. I miss you guys!
Jen

Jen Cardon said...

I loved the family photos! I look forward to the one's outside! I like outdoors shots even more! But, I don't understand what the "Glow" thing is?? I also didn't feel like you looked like your face gained weight--you look great, as does each member of the family. I wish we could spend more time together in person.
Love, Jen Cardon

Ryann said...

I didn't like the glow so much either but your family is beautiful! I especially liked the father son picture-adorable!

And isn't Danelle the best?

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!!! Awesomely cute kids. I didn't know my brother was so good looking.... wait, did I say that out loud????
I still need to call you, I have just gotten caught up in life, but I will call you. Promise.

Annie said...

LOVE the pictures! I think I will just photoshop my family's faces in so we don't have to go through the hassle :) No strong opinions either way on the glow - but these are great shots!