Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Soundtrack Meme

Some updates are in order!

I'm sleeping! I've just relegated myself to taking the Lunesta & the extra Melatonin. It's so worth it for now. Not sleeping is horrible!

Eli & Mia's blog. It still needs some cheerleading, I think. The month of March stats are that this blog, Something Beautiful or Humorous got 906 pageloads, and Let Me Talk, Eli & Mia's blog got 72. But that's up from it's Feb. stat of 39 pageloads. Then again, didn't I start that blog in February? :) Oh well. Anyway...! Thanks to those of you who check it. In a few days, check back for a video of Mia singing. :)

6 a.m. spin sessions. I haven't been back to the gym at that hour (you know it was actually really crowded! I could barely find a parking spot.) But I have been logging in some good gym hours at other times of the day & finally getting some good use of my ipod. I hit the goal of 5 days per week (1 hour cardio each day plus on 2 of the days add weight training) last week & will do it again hopefully this week.

So this post is in honor of the awesome invention that the ipod is. There has been a meme going around the blog world (for those of you who don't read many blogs, urban dictionary describes a meme as "an idea or theme that is spread from blog to blog." Sometimes with memes, the author will tag other people & ask them to post the same meme on their blogs, but I will just leave it open. I'd love to hear what is playing on the soundtracks of all of your lives, as well.

What you do is open your chosen media & music delivery device and press shuffle and write your soundtrack down. You're not supposed to cheat and handpick songs that match a certain category. So you get some humor that way. Here we go:

Opening Credits: Personal Jesus by Depeche Mode
Wake Up: Rosanna "All I wanna do when I wake up in the morning is see your eyes...." by Toto
First Day of School: Out There by Sister Hazel
Getting in trouble: Any Way You Want It by Journey
Falling in Love: Sowing the Seeds of Love by Tears For Fears
Secret Crush: Dreaming by OMD
Fight Song: Everywhere by Fleetwood Mac
First Kiss: Another One Bites The Dust by Queen (ha!)
Break Up: On the Way Down by Ryan Cabrera
Prom: Be Near Me by ABC
Graduation: Shake It Up by The Cars
Life's OK: Never by Heart (ha!)
The Best Day: She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5
The Worst Day: Situation by Yaz
Mental Breakdown: Walking on Broken Glass by Annie Lennox
Driving: I Can't Go For That by Hall & Oates
Car Chase: A Horse With No Name by America (I guess we're driving pretty slow)
Inner Smile: Lessons In Love by Level 42
Vacation: Talk by Coldplay
Flashback: Hold Me Now by the Thompson Twins
Getting back together: Higher Love by Steve Winwood
Wedding: Waiting For A Girl Like You by Foreigner (Awwww!)
Birth of a Child: Gloria by U2
Final Battle: Bring On the Dancing Horses- Echo & The Bunnymen
Death: Need You Tonight by INXS
Funeral: Set Adrift On Memory Bliss by PM Dawn
Final Judgement: Let The Good Times Roll by The Cars
Closing Credits: Two Souls by Howard Jones
My Theme Song: Walking On The Moon by The Police

My Happy Things are all this music. Can you tell I love 80s alternative??? Where were ipods when I was a teenager?

No comments: