Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Monday, May 5, 2008

Some Happiness

Just a little fun quiz at the end of this post along with some...

Happy Things

  1. Aged Cheddar! I have never tasted it before. But I bought some 24 month aged Vintage Cheddar at Trader Joe's because we were making toasted cheese bread to go along with some homemade vegetable soup, and I discovered something SO YUMMY! I couldn't believe how good it was! (Or it could be that because I'm trying to eat lighter, any cheese besides light cheese sticks would taste good?)
  2. Eli and Mia getting more outside time!! We bought a timer for the TV & computer, and I love how they are choosing to play outside a whole lot more. Our neighbor's grandsons are staying with her for a month, so they even have playmates occasionally! Very rare for our neighborhood.
  3. Card Club last week. I loved the card I made & the cards I received. But one of the best things was just getting to chat with women for an evening!! As a result, one of my latest worries has been somewhat resolved. Because of talking to everyone, I feel a lot more at peace about where Eli will go to elementary school next year.
  4. I have a "new-to-me" dining room table! I am so excited. We paid $50 bucks for it from Craig's List, which Chris was happy about (and Chris got them down from $100). My expectations were very low. We had a 10 year old Ikea table that has gotten soooooooooo yucky from the wear & tear of our kids. I was like, "Just as long as it's better than what we have!" Then Chris brought it home & it turns out it's totally solid wood, really nice workmanship, made in Amish Pennsylvania. I didn't want to get anything totally nice & new until we move to a bigger, more permanent house, so this is a great little upgrade. AND it will be harder for our kids to destroy it! :)
  5. I'm thankful for my kids' teachers! I am planning a little small surprise for them each day of this week. We have been so blessed with fabulous preschool & kindergarten teachers.







    Which kind of candy are you?




    You're a lollipop!! You're known for your coolness, for you are a trend setter. You're a natural leader, and are good under pressure. People often seek you out for advice, for you have great insight.
    Take this quiz!








    Quizilla |
    Join

    | Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code

7 comments:

The Waites said...

I love a good deal and your table looks like it was a GREAT one, looks really nice! -Amanda

Emily and Dave said...

What a great kitchen table! I love Craigslist!

Michele said...

Amish tables are great. I should know--I'm practiclly Amish! My parents table has worn like steel.

We had an experience with Hickory Smoked cheddar this week because it was on sale. I don't know if it was aged but it sure was tasty too! I have to work really hard not to incorporate cheese into every meal. It's one of my cooking downfalls.

April Cobb said...

Wow. So many pretty things! That table was a steal. You can tell us. Did you steal it? And nice card. Good work. My kids are barfing and have pink eye right now. So no teacher appreciation this week. And no pretty things. Just barf and poop and eye boogers. Its all good.

Ben & Brynn said...

Nice catch on Craig's list-It looks brand new and I love the design! Card club sounded so fun, I wish I could have been there. Andrea said it was a blast!

. . . Dallas Meow . . . . >^^< . . . said...

Trader
Joes!

None in Texas :(

Miss them

Miss Trader Jose Salsa and their frozen quiche and snack snap peas . . .
oh so much!

Angie said...

What a cute card and a thoughtful gift.