Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Friday, March 23, 2007

Sleeping Like a Baby

I'm a little bit exhausted. Would you like to know why?

2 Nights Ago
12:00 a.m. Bedtime
1:00 a.m. Chris comes to bed, I wake up
1:45 a.m. Chris snoring- I wake up again
2:15 a.m. Chris snoring again
2:45 a.m. Random stop watch going off in our room. Make it stop!
5:00 a.m. Chris gets up
5:30 a.m. Chris kisses me good-bye
7:30 a.m. Mia is yelling to get up. I ignore her.
8:00 a.m. I finally get up

It's worse than having a newborn!!! Oh I wish I could even have a 4 hour stretch of sleep!

Last Night
12:00 a.m. Bedtime. I sleep until...
2:45 a.m. Random watch alarm again!!! I make Chris get up and shut it off for good this time. I lay awake. Still awake. I get up and turn on the AC.
3:00 a.m. Awake, awake. I listen to a truck backing up, unloading at Shoppers grocery store behind us.
3:20 a.m. I hear the train coming through Lorton Station.
3:30 a.m. Still awake. I get up and take a Tylenol P.M.
3:50 a.m. I hear the neighbor's clock radio go off through the wall.
4:00 a.m. I take another 3g Melatonin. (Apparantly the 6g I took before I went to bed is doing NOTHING FOR ME!!! Tylenol PM is doing NOTHING!)
4:10 a.m. I'm getting tired. I could almost sleep except...I hear the clock radio through the wall. I guess she snoozed it.
4:20 a.m. The clock radio again.
5:00 a.m. Chris gets up.
5:45 a.m. Chris kisses me good-bye.
Sometime in the 7:00 a.m. hour- Mia is screaming her lungs out for me to get her up.
8:30-ish I get up for the day with a monumental struggle.

Four hours- ha! How about any sleep whatsoever?! Theoretically, going to bed at 12 am and getting up at 8 would give me 8 hours of sleep. I should probably rethink that. I survive with 8 but I thrive with a little more than that. And my gosh- when they say people need 8 hours of sleep, I think they mean 8 deep quality hours. Thus, I guess it's back to the Lunesta tonight. I had been building up a tolerance to that, so I wanted to wean myself from it & see if a natural remedy like Melatonin could do it alone. Nope. I either can't sleep at all, or I don't sleep deep enough to sleep through the noises. Someone kill me!

5 Happy Things

Sorry, too tired to try. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: