Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Monday, January 8, 2007

Stuff I Feel Like Sharing

5 Things Readers May Not Know About Me

  1. I had my strawberries & cottage cheese SALTED by Mia this morning. (Great! No, I don't prefer them that way.)
  2. I like the way guys look with button up collared shirts with their sleeves rolled up. I gave Chris like 5 of them for Christmas. :) Sleeves have to be rolled up, though! :)
  3. I love Alexander McCall Smith books (Number One Ladies Detective Agency Series). I will pre-order them before they come off the press just like I do Harry Potter.
  4. I never went to Prom. (Some of you know this). Junior year I was an exchange student in Sweden & they don't have Prom. (Ok, technically, I went to some formal thing with a Swedish guy that involved dancing & huge amounts of dressing up at the school he was going to. But it's still not the prom since American High School Proms are so cliche & in a category of their own.) Senior year, I was asked 3 times & said no. A girlfriend & I just went out to dinner instead. I now regret it because my whole problem was not being able to conceive of going with a guy who was just a friend. If I had learned that sooner, maybe I would have gotten married earlier than age 28. Because now I'm married to my best friend! Oh well! :) (I need to vent, though, that I hear prom is over-rated, and that one of my biggest pet peeves is people who can't let those high school years go. Still trying to be the homecoming queen when you're married with kids. Grow up!)
  5. I like doing taxes & paying bills. That is one of my exclusive jobs in our marriage. No, I don't like numbers, or math, but I do a good job! I know, it's just one of those weird things.


5 Great Eli Quotes

  1. Eli: "Mia, you're so beautiful."
  2. Eli, to our pediatrician: "I'm my mom's hero."
  3. Eli, to Chris: "I'm your hero and you're my hero. And we're both mommy's heros."
  4. Chris: "Eli, what do you want to be when you grow up?" Eli: "Umm................ an alien."
  5. Yesterday we were OUT of gas on the way home from church and started to turn into the gas station until Eli said, "I thought we didn't buy anything on Sundays." Good little kid. We totally changed our minds and Chris got up at 5:00 a.m. this morning to fill the car up for me so I wouldn't be stressed about it.
5 Things I'm Thankful For

  1. CHRIS. How can he not be on this list after filling up the car at 5 am like that. (I wondered why the alarm was going off that early & didn't find out until I got in the car later.)
  2. Being ALMOST done with holiday thank you cards. (The list was long!)
  3. Finding my doctor card with my appointment time & date written on it. It's not 'til next week. Phew! More than once, I have called to find out when my appointment was and it was either in the past, "$50.00 please." or once it was that very day!
  4. No preschool, and the kids slept in until 9:30 this morning. Love it!!
  5. Watching Mia's face at the playground today. Just pure happiness. I wish I had brought my camera.

1 comment:

Jen W said...

Natalie,I love your blog. I can't believe how big Mia looks even though I've only been gone 3 months. And Eli is so cute, I still miss my Sunbeams. Thanks for all your fun comments on my blog.
Jen