Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Friday, January 19, 2007

"A" For Effort

At the beginning of the year, I was reading a lot of blogs that described my friends' adventures & accomplishments in organizing their homes. Like they'd cleaned out 5 closets or something. It was such a recurring theme that I made it a goal to do some organizing, just so I could blog about it! Well, finally, I did SOMETHING in the organization category to report about.

Lately, I have been reading Fly Lady emails that were encouraging people to do "5 Minute Room Rescues," which consist of setting the timer for 5 minutes and going to the worst room in your house, and just attempting to organize, declutter, clean whatever you could within the 5 minute time limit. Its purpose is for those types of rooms like spare bedrooms that turn into storage spaces, etc. Well, our house isn't big enough for a spare room. So I targeted the most disorganized area of our home, my craft table. Basically, I didn't have time to do much more than just put a few things away, but it felt really good! I'm so proud of myself! And you guys can just be proud of me instead of being sickeningly jealous because I went through 10 storage bins and organized them or something. I just took a babystep that I had time for & still got some endorphin action. :)

Next goal: set the timer for 15 minutes & go at the junk drawers in our home.

5 Things

  1. Chris has made dinner a lot lately. He is good at spontaneous/non-recipe cooking (and recipe cooking, too, by the way). Thank you for the yummy dinners, Chris!
  2. Good friends. It doesn't always happen that you click with just the one person, the best friend. But those rare people in our lives are just treasures. Lucky, too, that I could marry one of them. The diamond of the treasure box. :)
  3. To be able to talk to my sisters & mom on the phone. Always a laugh.
  4. Ice cold purified water
  5. The DVR. (Face it, although it's shallow, it gives me happiness.)

No comments: