Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Friday, December 8, 2006

If you can't say anything nice...


Well, I have missed a few days of blogging because I honestly was still being bitter about my child-rearing challenges & I wanted to write something positive instead of negative. So I figured it was about time for another little list of things I'm grateful for.

1. Sun! I've always said that one thing I love about Utah is the sun during the winter. Even though it's windy & cold outside, I love having the sun out. And it can even happen in Virginia! How about that?

2. SavingDinner.com. I love it. It sends me menus and grocery lists to my email every week. Thanks to it, we have a great smelling chicken dinner in the crockpot right now.

3. I'm thankful for Eli's preschool teacher. I've been the most forgetful, retarded parent in the class and she is so patient with me. Eli always comes home telling us things that I'm so pleased he's learning there ("Jesus saved us from sin." and "Jesus died for us on the cross") Yes, he might have learned it in sunbeams or at home, but I strongly think it's from preschool. Also, Ms. Mende (his teacher), bless her heart has had a special spirit with her of extra love & kindness since the Christmas season began, & I'm so impressed with that. I should learn from her example.

4. That after tomorrow, the Souper Saturday will be over!! Sigh! Enough said.

5. (This is several hours after I started this posting)... At this point in my life, I'm thankful for sleeping medicine! Yep. Unfortunately, since I was pregnant with Mia, I couldn't & still can't get to sleep at night. But psychologically, it's so comforting to know I'll be able to go right up there to sleep.

It's 12:18 a.m. Good night!

No comments: