Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Good Days and Bad Days



This is a picture of Eli's Preschool Christmas program. Behind him are friends that Eli has known since he was born (Merritt & Emma). Eli did a great job on his singing. This picture is funny, though, because, bless her heart, Merritt started to cry in the middle of the program because she saw her mom & wanted to go to her. Poor sweet thing. Eli sang We Wish You A Merry Christmas (Eli sings: "We Wish You Were Mary Christmas") and Go Tell it On the Mountain. :) Very cute.

What Eli has been up to: besides singing, we went to a long-time friend's house & made & decorated sugar cookies. Eli had a blast with that. Today we shopped for a present for Daddy & Mia. Eli was a little sweetheart and lugged the presents he had picked up all the way from the back of Walmart to the checkout lane. He was bursting with excitement. So those were some good days for him. The other day, though, was less than good... He was home from preschool less than 10 minutes before he had time to spill chocolate milk on the couch (milk has got to be the worst thing to spill because you just can't blot it all up and milk sours & starts stinking... sigh). Then he runs up the stairs realizing that he's been holding it for too long & had a wardrobe malfunction with his pants, couldn't get them off & ended up peeing on the carpet. This was the day after I stayed up until 2:00 a.m. cleaning my house.

What Mia has been up to: she went to the birthday party of the little girl whose birthday present Eli had opened. Well, we went & got the same toy as a replacement to give to her and guess what? The little girl already had that toy!!!! Arrgh. She did have a blast doing the cookies today, as well. She was learning all about taking turns while they were cutting out the cookies. "Mia's turn." she would say. "Eli's turn." It was also a fun opportunity to learn about colors. "Mia, do you want to frost the star red, green or white?" "Ummmm... geen."

What Natalie has been up to: Well, here's a story for you: you might remember in a past blog, I talked about the mysteriousness of People Magazine & Real Simple showing up in my mailbox for free for the last couple of months. Recently, I was checking our bank statements and there was a charge for $114 from PEOPLE MAGAZINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (& another smaller charge for Real Simple). No, I did not order those magazines. I don't even like People magazine. I had been throwing almost all the issues in the trash! So I called the 1-800 number next to the charge on my statement & after talking to a computerized voice for 1/2 an hour, I finally got a hold of a real person & they reversed the charges. It turns out that I visited a website to purchase a ticket for a conference for the Fly Lady (it was a great conference). But they used a company to handle the ticket purchasing that also apparantly does magazine marketing. SOMEHOW, I got subscribed to these magazines & they had my credit card number. I was fuming. It's just outright thievery. But don't blame Fly Lady! I still love her! :)

5 Things I'm Thankful For:

  1. Good and loyal friends that are there for the long haul.
  2. That we'll have MORE beautiful warm weather for the next few days.
  3. Clothes to wear that I like & make me happy.
  4. A comfortable home that has cozy Christmas lights & decorations.
  5. A good little car to drive... Our Sentra is on it's way out, hopefully to be replaced by a minivan sometime next year, but we've owned it for more than 5 years and it's never once broken down. What a blessing.

No comments: