Something Beautiful or Humorous: Apples that Eli painted

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Surviving a Two-Year-Old

It seems like communicating with friends, family & the general public is getting easier and easier. Because today I have been especially missing my family, I decided to close the gap between all of them in Utah and our little family in VA and create our little blogspot so we could give them more frequent updates.

This is a picture of us at Mia's 2nd birthday. We just had her party the beginning of Nov., even though her birthday was Oct. 1. About 10 or so little 2 year old friends of hers played in the soft playroom of the Rec. Center, then got together afterwards for cake & snacks. It was a fun little party for her.

She is proving to be quite a character of a 2 year old. Her latest thing is spitting food. I thought she couldn't top Eli's challenging tantrums & antics, but she does. She will ask for food, then walk around the house depositing chewed up food in various places all over the carpet or in the toy bins. She will sit at the table, and have a little chicken, chew it up, spit it out, then apple-- chew it up spit it out, then bread... etc. etc.! What a mess!! I feel like I've been a helpless bystander watching my home get destroyed ever since she was mobile. Sigh. I love her to death, though. It melts my heart hearing her sing, "Deedus wants me for a sun BING...!!!" I think I'll keep her.

2 comments:

anniedc said...

I'm so glad you started a blog and look forward to reading it! The Deedus story is adorable!

Jackson Family ; ) said...

Hey you guys!!
This website is great! It's so fun to get updates and to see how everything is going etc. We Miss You and Love You Lots!!! =)